LJ for WebOS
LJ for WebOS is a LiveJournal client
for WebOS devices - e.g. the Palm Pre and Pixi. Here's a video walkthrough showing off some of its features. Join in on the discussion forum!
Sign up for email updates to learn about coming features and when new versions come out! Here's the latest newsletter.
- View your friends list and own posts with comments, and reply to them
- View friends and own posts offline
- Make a post and set the tags, mood, userpic, and security
- Upload pictures from your phone (to imgur or your own LiveJournal ScrapBook) and include them in posts
- Post to communities
- Multiple themes to choose from!
- 1.3.2 - redesign of themes - thanks to Tim Stiffler-Dean!
- 1.3.1 - changed default theme to plain
- 1.3.0 - added themes to choose from
- 1.2.2 - fixed some visual bugs, including white screen when load more posts, can copy the URL of a post
- 1.2.1 - fixed major problem where no posts would load
- 1.2.0 - major visual refresh, can swipe in postlist or posts to navigate, fixed intermittent errors with getting posts, posts with embedded YouTube's won't open extra browser cards
- 1.1.0 - fixed bug with commenting on communities, fixed bug with parsing certain posts that are only HTML tags
- 1.0.1 - changed misleading error message when LiveJournal server is down
- 1.0.0 - allows selecting a userpic when making a comment
- 0.9.8 - fixed bug with showing content in list
- 0.9.7 - showing thumbnail when adding an image to a post
- 0.9.6 - thumbnails on posts (with prefs), keeping device awake while loading posts
- 0.9.5 - fixed bug with FilterList in mood and tag scenes not working sometimes
- 0.9.4 - fixed bug with capital letters in username, made scrim show up faster when commenting
- 0.9.3 - fixed bug with multiple links in a post
- 0.9.2 - fixed bug with ampersands in links
- 0.9.1 - added a confirmation dialog to "log out and clear data", fixed bug with delete option not showing up on own posts
- 0.9.0 - added "log out and clear data" menu item, added menu item to go to this changelog
- 0.8.9 - gets correct times for posts in other time zones
- 0.8.8 - reduced network traffic, enabled the ability to do captcha's when commenting, selects correct mood when making a post if it's already selected
- 0.8.7 - made it easier to send feedback when getting an error from the LiveJournal server.
- 0.8.6 - can now delete your posts
- 0.8.4 - can type to filter moods in the mood list (when making posts), improved behavior when switching between friends and own posts.
- 0.8.3 - improved icon
- 0.8.2 - post unicode characters correctly, add option to disable post tagline
- 0.8.1 - allows posting pictures to LiveJournal Scrapbook
- 0.8.0 - detect error with encodings and explain, refactoring of image posting, made icon transparent
- 0.7.9 - automatically saves an unfinished post and prompts to load it when starting a new one
- 0.7.8 - fixed an issue with only displaying friends posts, fixed an issue with changing the number of posts to load.
- 0.7.7 - added menu item to join email list, made reloading and replying to posts scroll to the right place.
- 0.7.6 - made progress bar not scroll with the scene, added menu item to write a review, added post time to post view.
- 0.7.5 - refactored code for getting posts, reduced number of LJ requests.
- 0.7.4 - backed out reducing LJ requests due to LJ HTML changes.
- 0.7.3 - reduced number LJ requests (not authorizing for publicly visible posts), improved error output, fixed possible bug in XML parsing.
- 0.7.2 - partially fixed problem with touchy picture links. Now when we can't parse a post we give a more helpful message instead of hanging. Fixed loading certain posts LJ marks as containing adult content.
- 0.7.1 - fixed problem with reporting failures to the user.
- 0.7.0 - fixed bug with going forward and back posts, added timeout to uploading image.
- 0.6.9 - added timeouts to logging in, getting posts, etc.
- 0.6.8 - fixed bug with own posts not showing up after posting, added scrim when posting.
- 0.6.7 - fixed a few warnings when posting comments, making HTML formatting show up in postlist titles, fixed display of 0 userpics and tags
- 0.6.6 - fixed bug with loading more of own posts, renamed LJ for WebOS
- 0.6.5 - trying to fix bug with comments not posting
- 0.6.4 - added default post security, friends-only posting
- 0.6.3 - fixed bug - when reload a post, couldn't reply
- 0.6.2 - can load more own posts
- 0.6.1 - can delete from imgur, can reload full or only new posts, attribution when post, various bug fixes
- 0.6.0 - can post images from URL or upload to imgur
- 0.5.7 - can load more friends posts
- 0.5.6 - showing own posts
- 0.5.3 - can create link in post
- Notifications when new posts come in
- More preferences?
- Help system?
LJ for WebOS stores your LiveJournal username and password for easy access
to the website. The password is not transmitted in cleartext, just a secured
version, and only to www.livejournal.com. I have no way of accessing this data,
and it is deleted when the application is deleted.
If you have problems or recommendations, feel free to email me at
See more WebOS apps!
Greg's home page